USAF ABSS Sustainment Support
Segue Technologies® provides comprehensive system maintenance and sustainment support for ABSS.
About the Client
The Automated Business Services System (ABSS), a legacy system in sustainment mode, is the Air Force-wide standard financial management system of record for creating, routing, recording, and posting commitment and obligation documents in the budget execution for 200 Air Force and ANG installations.The application has been available to all active duty Air Force locations worldwide and to all tasked Air National Guard, Air Force Reserve Command, and European Geographically Separated Units locations since 1998.
ABSS requires maintenance and sustainment support to ensure continued system availability. The system uses object-oriented analysis and design methods, and Commercial Off-the-Shelf/Government Off-the-Shelf (COTS/GOTS). ABSS features forms generation and processing of obligating documents, document and workflow management, electronic signatures, data validation throughout the document coordination and approval cycle, electronic funds authentication, and electronic processing interfaces with Air Force accounting and contracting systems.
Segue provides complete maintenance and sustainment of ABSS in support of its ~20K Air Force users. This support includes:
- Program operations and help desk support
- Server administration of application and database servers
- Sustaining, modifying/enhancing and integrating all software and databases associated with ABSS
- Performing interface maintenance, system updates, and modifications
- Maintaining compliance with governing statutes and DoD financial management policies, standards and regulations
- Producing and maintaining ABSS technical documentation