ABIDES Data Management Support
Segue Technologies Inc.® provided database administration and budget formulation support for the Air Force's Automated Budget Interactive Data Environment System (ABIDES)
About the Client
The Secretary of the Air Force Financial Management and Budget office (SAF/FMB) is responsible for Air Force budget formulation in accordance with the Department of Defense (DoD) Financial Management Regulation (FMR), 7000.14-R Volumes 2A and 2B, Budget Formulation and Presentation. Budget submission requirements beyond those addressed in the DoD FMR may include new or modified data elements or electronic exhibits that impact the Automated Budget Interactive Data Environment System's (ABIDES) authoritative data interfaces and tables.
SAF/FMB required database management support to provide data stewardship to the official Air Force Budget Database that is stored in ABIDES.
Segue provided database administration support, program and budget formulation support for ABIDES, to include its tables, data relationships, business rules, cost models, interfaces, automated processes, change logs, system documentation, and exposure as the authoritative data source for budget data. Our work included:
- Support of budget exercises and drills and participation in process reviews, re-engineering, and analyses
- Processing and submitting Air Force budget database exhibits to Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) systems such as the Program Resource Collection Program (PRCP), Standard Data Collection System (SDCS), and Comptroller Information System (CIS)
- Data entry and report generation training and troubleshooting assistance to SAF/FMB Appropriation Teams, AF/A8P and other system users
- Data modeling and mapping support for eventual transition from ABIDES to its replacement system
- Certification and Accreditation (C&A) activities in order to meet SAF/FMB program manager C&A milestones