Every day I read a number of IT blogs to find the latest technology information to share with Segue’s digital community through our social media sites. However, with the hundreds of IT blogs in existence, it’s not always easy to know what the best sources are. After over two years of immersing myself in the world of IT- focused social media, I’ve honed in on some favorites that I visit regularly for great articles and insights. Some of the top blogs that I follow are (in no particular order):
- Mashable: is a leading source for news, information and resources for the Connected Generation. Mashable reports on the importance of digital innovation and how it empowers and inspires people around the world. Mashable’s 34 million monthly unique visitors and 14 million social media followers have become one of the most engaged digital networks in the world.
- TechCrunch: is a leading technology media property, dedicated to obsessively profiling startups, reviewing new Internet products, and breaking tech news. Founded in June 2005,TechCrunch and its network of websites now reach over 12 million unique visitors and draw more than 37 million page views per month. The TechCrunch community includes more than 2 million friends and followers on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google and other social media sites.
- Lifehacker: is a blog that deals with software and life hacks and provides tips, tricks, and downloads for getting things done.
- Fast Company: is the world’s leading progressive business media brand, with a unique editorial focus on innovation in technology, ethonomics (ethical economics), leadership, and design. Written for, by, and about the most progressive business leaders, Fast Company and FastCompany.com inspire readers and users to think beyond traditional boundaries, lead conversations, and create the future of business.
- Gizmodo: Gizmodo is a blog about gadgets and technology. Started in 2002, Gizmodo has grown to be Gawker Media’s largest blog, bringing in upwards of 100 million page views a month in traffic. They post about a variety of electronics, as well as all sorts of things gadget geeks might enjoy.
- CNET: tracks all the latest consumer technology breakthroughs and shows you what’s new, what matters, and how technology can enrich your life. They give you the information, tools, and advice that will help you decide what to buy and how to get the most out of the tech in your life. Each month, millions of people come to CNET to:
- Read the latest technology news and unbiased product reviews
- Find the products that are right for them
- Watch videos that demystify technology and show off the hot new thing
- Learn how to get the most out of the technology they have
- Download software, mobile apps, and games
- Post opinions about the technology and the consumer electronics they live with every day
- The Verge: covers the intersection of technology, science, art, and culture. Their mission is to offer in-depth reporting and long-form feature stories, breaking news coverage, product information, and community content in a unified and cohesive manner. The site is powered by Vox Media’s Chorus platform, a modern media stack built for web-native news in the 21st century.
- VentureBeat: covers disruptive technology and explains why it matters in our lives. Led by Founder and Editor-in-Chief Matt Marshall and a team of experienced journalists, they are a leading publication for news and perspectives on the most innovative technologies.
- GigaOM: is the leading source for news and perspective on technology innovation. Their news, analysis, and events provide deep context to help executives, entrepreneurs, and tech enthusiasts make smart decisions.
- ZDNet: brings together the reach of global and the depth of local, delivering 24/7 news coverage and analysis on the trends, technologies and opportunities that matter to IT professionals and decision makers. Whatever your role in the IT buying cycle, ZDNet provides support — from investigating options to optimizing a solution. Whether you want to follow hot topics or emerging trends, or keep up to date with the latest news and events, ZDNet is the destination for professionals seeking to research technology-related issues, and solve business technology problems
Are there any that we missed? Which blogs would you add to the list?
Need Help? Contact us